Carmel Child Custody Lawyers
Resolving Child Custody Disputes in Indianapolis
At Bowen & Associates, LLC, our lawyers are here to help you negotiate, mediate, or litigate your child custody case. Our legal team is backed by more than 10 years of experience and we have secured positive case results for numerous parents throughout Indiana. Our goal is to use our many resources to get you a fair custody and visitation settlement.
How Is Child Custody Determined?
Courts must consider what the best interests of the child is when making a decision about which spouse will be granted custody. The following are factors that courts will usually use to decide a child custody case:
- The child's age, sex, and overall health
- The mental and physical health of each parent
- The lifestyles of both parents
- The emotional bond the child has with each parent
- If there have been issues with drugs or domestic violence
- Both parent’s ability to provide the child with food, shelter, clothing, and medical care
- The quality of the child's education in their current living situation
- The parent the child would prefer to be with
Are There Different Forms of Child Custody?
We can help you with the following child custody arraignments:
- Legal Custody: This will give you the right to make long-term decisions about raising your child.
- Physical Custody: If you are granted this form of custody, you will have the right to provide care for your child on a daily basis.
- Sole Custody: This type of custody gives you exclusive physical and legal custody of your child.
- Joint Custody: You and your spouse share equal legal custody and physical custody rights.
- Grandparent Visitation & Custody: Courts can also grant visitation or custody rights to the grandparents of children in certain situations.
Talk to Our Child Custody Lawyers Today
If you are currently involved in a difficult child custody battle, we can help. Our lawyers can help you build a strong case that will ensure your parental rights are asserted. We are familiar with these types of cases and we have the resources you need to prove why living with you is the best option for your child.
Call (317) 565-2221,or contact our child custody attorneys in Carmel to schedule a free case consultation.